Identification (ID) Card Check List
You will need a federal compliant card such as a passport, military ID, or REAL ID to board a domestic flight or access some federal facilities beginning October 1, 2020. The DMV started offering REAL ID driver licenses and ID cards on January 22, 2018. A field office visit is required to apply for a REAL ID.
- Complete a Driver License or Identification Card Application form (DL 44). To obtain this form by mail, call DMV's automated phone service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-777-0133.
- Present an acceptable Identity document.
- Present an acceptable residency document.
- Provide your social security number.
Note: If you are applying for a REAL ID compliant Identification card, you must provide proof of your SSN.
- Provide your true full name.
- Pay the application fee. There is no charge for a Senior Citizen ID card. You must be age 62 or older for a Senior Citizen ID card.
- Additional information regarding an identification (ID) card.
Fly often? Find out more about applying for a REAL ID identification card.