The following links provide information about applying for and preparing for your driving test. This will assist you and the department in making your appointment experience fast and efficient.
Some situations may require additional information, documentation, and/or fees. If you need additional information, please call your local DMV office.
- Driving Test FAQs
- Provisional Instruction Permit
- How to Prepare for your Driving Test
- California Driver Handbook
- Parent-Teen Training Guide (PDF)
- Safe Driver Checklist (from the Parent-Teen Training Guide, (page 20 of the hard copy version)
- Tips for Teens about DMV's Tests(from the Parent-Teen Training Guide, (page 22 of the hard copy version)
- California Motorcycle Handbook
- Sample Written Tests
- California Motorcycle Safety Course
- Driver Education and Driver Training
- California Preparing for Your Supplemental Driving Performance Evaluation Guide