- Modernization of the DMV Continues Amid COVID-19 Pandemic (July 23, 2020)
- DMV Authorizes AutoX to Test Driverless Vehicle in Portion of San Jose (July 17, 2020)
- DMV Gives 1-Year Extension to Senior Drivers with Expiring Licenses (July 13, 2020)
- DMV Makes it Easier for Commercial Drivers to Keep On Trucking (July 1, 2020)
- Pleasanton DMV Field Office Closing for Renovations (June 23, 2020)
- DMV Resumes Behind-the-Wheel Drive Tests with New Protocols on Friday (June 22, 2020)
- DMV Reopens Remaining Field Offices to Public (June 9, 2020)
- DMV Launches Redesigned Website (June 8, 2020)
- DMV Encourages Californians to Renew Driver License and ID Cards Online (June 1, 2020)
- 46 More DMV Field Offices Reopening to Public (May 26, 2020)
- DMV Further Extends Expiring Drivers Licenses (May 22, 2020)
- DMV Expands Virtual Field Office (May 12, 2020)
- DMV Director Releases Statement about Reopening of 25 Field Offices (May 8, 2020)
- DMV Extends All Temporary Driving Permits (May 8, 2020)
- Select DMV Field Offices Reopen to Public (May 07, 2020)
- DMV Offers Relief to ID Cardholders, Vehicle Owners and Businesses (April 23, 2020)
- DMV Field Offices to Continue Serving the Public during the COVID-19 Outbreak (March 26, 2020)
Use our DMV News Alerts Subscriber to sign up for news alerts and manage your subscriber preferences.
- History of the DMV
- Research and Reports
- Autonomous vehicles in California
- Media Toolkit for Operation Excellence: DMV Training (July 24, 2019)
- HD B-roll video to use in news stories related to DMV programs
- Disabled Person Parking Placard Enforcement – Sacramento (b-roll)
- DMV Field Offices – Rancho Cucamonga and Roseville (b-roll)
- Essential DMV Services – DMV Director Steve Gordon – March 27, 2020 (Soundbite)
For all other media inquiries, contact:
Need something else?
Learn about the California DMV, explore our history, and find important statistics.
We’re here to help!
Research and Reports
Find DMV research studies, annual reports, and more.