Online services for managing your Occupational License are here!
Learn more about the new Occupational Licensing online service.
Apply, renew, or modify an Occupational License. Use the Quick Start Guide to help you.
Before You Begin:
You will be prompted to validate your identity then create or log in to your MyDMV account. For the best experience, please temporarily disable your pop-up blocker.
From there, you will be taken to DMV’s new digital experience platform.
Go to My Licenses and select the type of license you are applying for, renewing, or updating.
Complete the online form. Once all items are completed, submit your online form using the Submit button.
New Industry Customers
Existing Industry Customers
Frequently Asked Questions
Vehicle industry service providers such as manufacturers, distributors, and salespeople are licensed, monitored, and regulated by Occupational Licensing (OL). These businesses and professions include:
Occupational Licensing for the Vehicle Industry
Vehicle-related educational services such as schools and training are licensed, monitored, and regulated by Occupational Licensing (OL). These businesses and professions include:
Occupational Licensing Schools & Training
Many vehicle-related businesses and service providers in California are certified, monitored, and regulated by Occupational Licensing (OL). These businesses and professions include:
You’ll need a MyDMV account to access online services for Occupational Licensing. You can use the same MyDMV account you use to manage your driver’s license.
Tip: If you already have a MyDMV account, please make sure you use the same email address associated with that account when setting up your access to online services.
- Existing Occupational License holders: If you have a current Occupational License with California DMV, you’ll need to go through an identification verification process to connect to your Occupational License information. You’ll need your California Driver’s License/ID (if applicable), social security number, date of birth, and Occupational License number to complete this step.
- New applicants: If you don’t yet have an Occupational License with DMV, you will register as a new user.
Help and troubleshooting
- For help accessing online services, refer to the Occupational Licensing Get-Started Guide.
- If you are having issues verifying your identity to connect to your current Occupational License information, please double check that you are entering the information correctly in each field. You will have only five (5) chances to attempt the verification process. After five (5) failed attempts, you must call DMV for assistance setting up your access.
- If you continue to have technical issues or get locked out, contact technical support.
These online services are supported by the newest version of these browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari (iOS/OS X).
The Occupational Licensing Status Information System (OLSIS) is an online lookup tool used to verify the DMV license status of businesses across several categories.
Need Something Else?
Schools & Training
Get started with an Occupational License for your school or training program.
Find out more about Occupational Licensing for vehicle industry service providers.
Certifications & Agreements
Your vehicle-related business may require approval, certification, or agreement from DMV.