Driver License Application Fees
You will need a federal compliant card such as a passport, military ID, or REAL ID to board a domestic flight or access some federal facilities beginning October 1, 2020. The DMV started offering REAL ID driver licenses and ID cards on January 22, 2018. A field office visit is required to apply for a REAL ID.
- Class C
- Class M1/M2 (Motorcycle)
- Noncommercial Class A
- Commercial Class A or B
- Commercial Class C
- Fire Fighter Restricted Noncommercial Class A or B
- Ambulance Driver
- Farm Labor Vehicle
- General Public Paratransit Vehicle (GPPV)
- Hazardous Agricultural Materials/Waste Transportation Verification of Training (HAM)
- School Bus, School Pupil Activity Bus (SPAB), or Youth Bus Driver
- Vehicles for Developmentally Disabled Persons (VDDP)
- Verification of Transit Training (VTT)
- Tow Truck Driver (TTD)
Miscellaneous Driver License
- Copy of a California Driving License/Identification card record
- Reissue Fee Admin Per Se (APS) under 21 years of age (Zero Tolerance law)
- Reissue Fee Admin Per Se (APS) 21 years of age and older
- DUI Reissue Fee
- DUI 2nd Offender Add Court Restriction Fee
- DUI 2nd Offender Remove Court Restriction Fee
- Financial Responsibility Penalty Fee
- Financial Responsibility Reissue Fee
- Administrative Service Fee
- Driver License Family Support Administrative Fee
- Dishonored Check Service Fee
- California Vehicle Code
- Vehicle Salesperson License
- Representative License
- Class C Driving School Instructor License
- All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Safety Instructor License
- Traffic Violator School Instructor License
- Vehicle Verifier Permit
- DMV field offices accept payment by check, money order, cash or ATM/Debit cards for payment of fees.
At Your Local DMV OfficeYou can pay by:
- Money order, or
- ATM/Debit cards are now accepted at all DMV offices.
Credit cards are not accepted in DMV offices.
By MailPay by check or money order.
Internet Transactions/Over the TelephonePay with your credit card.
There is no additional fee for using a credit card.