Online Services | To Alphabetical List
- Driver Record Request - Login Required
Request your own driver record.
- Vehicle Record Request - Login Required
Request your own vehicle record.
- Vehicle Registration Renewal
Renew your vehicle registration.
- Vehicle Registration Fee Calculator
Calculate an estimate of your vehicle registration fees for a new or used vehicle purchased in California or for a nonresident vehicle. Determine your vehicle registration renewal fees due or retrieve the Vehicle License Fee (VLF) previously paid for tax purposes.
- Vehicle Registration Suspension Program
To use this online service you should have received a letter from the DMV stating your vehicle registration would be suspended in the near future or has already been suspended. You can submit insurance information and/or pay your $14.00 reinstatement fee here, if due.
- Affidavit of Non-Use
Use this online service to notify DMV that the currently registered vehicle is not being operated or parked on any California roadway and the liability coverage has been cancelled to avoid registration suspension; or remove a previously submitted Affidavit of Non-Use from the vehicle record.
For faster service, make an appointment before you visit a DMV office.
Download DMV forms.
- Change of Address - Login Required
Complete your change of address online.
- Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability
Complete your vehicle transfer and release of liability online.
- Special Interest and Personalized Plates
Order Special Interest and Personalized plates online.
- Driver License / Identification (DL/ID) Card Renewal - Login Required
Renew your Driver License or Identification Card.
- Simple Refunds
Online Refund Program.
- Occupational License Information
Check the current license status of businesses licensed by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Mobilehome Renewal Registration
Link to the California Department of Housing and Community Development website.
- Register to Vote
Link to the Voter Registration page on the California Secretary of State website.
- Traffic Payment
Handle your traffic citations online.
- Occupational Licensing Industry News (OLIN Memos)
Receive email alerts from DMV to notify you immediately when a publication or update, which may impact your business or customers, is placed on DMV's website.
- Find information about vehicle and boat registration, driver licensing, commercial driving, driving under the influence, laws that may affect you, and other interesting subjects.
- Link to other agencies for information about smog check stations, auto repair shops, auto insurance comparisons, bicycle safety, road & highway conditions, employment opportunities, and much more.
- Technical Support - Use this link to report technical problems only, such as broken links, problems with forms, missing images, etc.
Customer Service Comments
- DMV Office Locations - Find local Field Offices, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.
- Business Partner Locator
DMV has established an electronic BPA Program that allows qualified industry partners to process vehicle related transactions from their remote locations. The participants are authorized to issue validated registration cards, full year stickers and license plates from their offices.
Self Assessment Test/Samples of Driver Knowledge Tests
- Use this self-assessment test to help you take an active role in making choices to manage your personal safety and the safety of others.
- Samples of Driver License Knowledge Tests - Before you come into DMV to take your knowledge test, practice taking one (or all) of these sample tests.
- Recent news and links to archives for Press Releases can be found on the News Room page.