Change of Address

Welcome to the DMV Change of Address System.

You can change your residence or mailing address for your California Driver License, Identification Card, vehicle, or vessel. A new driver license, identification card or registration card is not issued when changing your address. Temporary mailing addresses are not allowed.

You may authorize DMV to notify the Secretary of State of a voter change of address if you are already registered to vote. If you move to another county, you must complete and submit a new voter registration application to the Secretary of State. The voter registration application can be completed on-line or downloaded by visiting the Secretary of State website at:

You cannot use this system if you:

  • Do not have a California Driver License and/or California Identification Card
  • Do not have a Social Security Number
  • Have a Commercial Driver License (CDL) issued by California and your residence address is in another state
  • Have an Army Post Office or Fleet Post Office address
  • Have an address outside of the United States

If any of the above applies to you, please complete a Change of Address (DMV14) form and mail it to the address listed on the form. A change of address does not require an in-person visit to a DMV office.

For more information, please refer to the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).

Please have the following items before you begin:

  • Last Issued Vehicle or Vessel Registration Card

Additional Info: