Replacement Title

Replacement Title Request

Before you begin:

  • Ensure you have completed an Application for Replacement or Transfer of Title (REG 227) form.

  • Gather the following information / documents in order to use the DMV Virtual Field Office:

    • Your driver’s license or identification (Dl/ID) card.
    • The last 5 digits of your vehicle identification number (VIN) or hull identification number (HIN) for a vessel/boat.
    • The vehicle’s license plate number.

Visit the How To: Apply for a Replacement California Certificate of Title (HTVR 10) brochure for more information about replacement title.

To enter DMV Virtual Office, click the “Start” button above. To learn more about how your information is shared, visit How Information is Protected or Disclosed.