Contact: Office of Public Affairs
2415 First Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95818
(916) 657–6437 | DMVVendorDay2022@dmv.ca.gov
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 18, 2022
Sacramento – The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is inviting organizations to virtually join its leadership team for DMV Vendor Day on February 17 at 9 a.m.
This is the third DMV-sponsored Vendor Day, which provides an opportunity for innovative organizations to partner with the DMV to advance and transform how the department conducts business in a rapidly evolving digital environment. Attendees will learn about the DMV’s modernization vision aimed at delivering more efficient services to 40 million Californians. DMV leaders will discuss opportunities to further digitally transform the department and interested vendors will be invited to propose solutions. Areas of interest for this year’s Vendor Day include:
• Activity Based Costing/Modeling Process Optimization
• Workforce Communication Platform
• Paper-based Service Fulfillment Tracking
• Human Capital Management Automation
• Other Problems and Solutions
Hundreds of organizations attended the previous DMV Vendor Day in September 2020, which generated multiple vendor presentations. The DMV incorporated several of the ideas and implemented solutions that created new service channels to better serve its customers.
The DMV is undergoing a digital transformation and has upgraded many systems and processes in recent years, including:
• Mobile technicians capturing REAL ID applications outside of field offices
• AI based remote proctoring for driver knowledge tests
• Service Advisor for DMV services, options, and appointments
• Multilingual Smart Assistant on DMV Contact Center IVR
• Voice augmented DMV website access
• Virtual Field Office to assist DMV customers during COVID restrictions
• AI based document verification process for REAL ID and Virtual Field Office
• Robotic process automation of paper workloads
• Workforce scheduling optimization
Vendor Day 2022
Who: DMV Director Steve Gordon, DMV Chief Digital Transformation Officer Ajay Gupta (host), and other members of the department’s leadership team.
When: February 17, 2022, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Where: Virtual via WebEx. Registration required at https://tinyurl.com/yycwtkb6.
Following the session, interested suppliers will be invited to submit ideas/solutions that address the DMV’s objectives. Once submissions are received, the DMV will invite a select group to formally present their ideas on how to best achieve one or more of the detailed objectives.
Never miss the latest news from the California DMV. Sign up now to receive customized information on DMV related topics. To subscribe or unsubscribe, visit DMV News Alerts: https://www.emailalert.dmv.ca.gov/DMVEmail_Alert/