Report of Traffic Accident Occurring in California (SR-1)

Report a traffic accident by filing an SR-1.

Before you begin:

  1. Gather the following information / documents:

    • Your driver’s license or identification (DL/ID) card
    • Your vehicle’s license plate number or vehicle identification number (VIN)
    • Your vehicle’s insurance information
    • Other party’s vehicle and insurance information, if applicable

A printable copy of the form is available if needed. Please note that paper submissions are likely to take longer to process.
Spanish version.