Employer Pull Notice EPN Program Commercial Employers
- How to Enroll
- Enrolling California Licensed Drivers
- Enrolling Out-of-State Licensed Drivers
- Requesting Records (Commercial Drivers)
- Deleting Drivers
- EPN Fees
- Automated Billing of Information Service (ABIS)
- Account Changes
- "Remarks" Changes
The following forms must be printed and mailed to the department at the address provided on the forms. The department cannot accept forms submitted electronically at this time.
- Application for Employer Pull Notice Account - INF 1104
- Pull Notice Contract - INF 1105 (Complete in duplicate)
- Commercial Employer Pull Notice Enrollment or Deletion of Drivers - INF 1100
- Commercial Employer Pull Notice Enrollment of Out of State Licensed Drivers - INF 1102
The "Commercial Employer Pull Notice Enrollment or Deletions of Drivers" form (INF 1100) is to be used either for enrolling or deleting drivers.
Note: Do not combine enrolling and deleting drivers on the same form.Back to Top of Page
Employers with drivers licensed in another state that will drive in California must complete the "Commercial Employer Pull Notice Enrollment of Out-of-state Licensed Drivers" form (INF 1102). An index number ("X" number) will be assigned in place of a California driver license number for tracking purposes.
- Completing commercial record request form (INF 15 for a single record request or INF 1119 for requesting up to 15 records) and mailing form to address on form. Please do not submit payment, a $5 fee will be charged to your EPN account. For more information see requesting forms.
- Require the prospective hire or casual driver to purchase their own driver record for $5 at their local DMV field office.
- Request a driver record through a pre-approved vendor (NOTE: A pre-approved vendor list can be obtained by contact the Account Processing Unit at (916) 657-5564.
Pursuant to CVC 1808.1 (d) , immediately upon termination of employment, employers must notify the department to delete the terminated driver by completing the "Commercial Employer Pull Notice Enrollment or Deletion of Drivers" form (INF 1100). Employers with drivers who are licensed in another state are deleted by using the assigned index number ("X" number).
Note: Deletions not promptly reported may result in unnecessary driver records being sent and the subsequent billing for those records. These fees are nonrefundable.Back to Top of Page
An enrollment fee of $5 will be billed to your ABIS account at the time of enrollment for each driver. "Annual generated reports," as well as, "Action/Activity Reports" will be billed to your ABIS account at $1 per copy.Back to Top of Page
The Automated Billing of Information Services (ABIS) invoice will indicate the account number, invoice number and charges accrued. The ABIS account number and invoice number are different from your requester code and are for billing purposes only. If you have any questions regarding your invoice, you may write to the address below or telephone (916) 657-6474.
Department of Motor Vehicles
ABIS Account Support - H221
P.O. Box 944231
Sacramento, California 94244-2310
Payment is due upon receipt. If not received within 30 days from date of invoice, a delinquent notice will be sent to the account holder (employer). If payment is not received within 30 days from delinquent notice, the delinquency will be reported to CHP and PUC. Delinquent accounts are subject to cancellation. Once canceled, a new application will not be accepted until delinquent amount has been paid. A $5 fee to enroll each driver will be billed to your new ABIS account.Back to Top of Page
The "Commercial Employer Pull Notice Requester Account Notice of Change" (INF 4) is to be used when any changes occur to the company name, address, phone number, or contact person of an employer enrolled in the EPN program. Submit the INF 4 within 10 days of occurrence to avoid delays in receiving the "Driver Record Report" or possible closure due to the department receiving returned, unclaimed mail.
Note: Changes of ownership, including most mergers, require closing the existing account and establishing a new account with the new owner/employer's information.Back to Top of Page
If you wish to change the "remarks" for an enrolled driver, submit form INF 1100 with a notation across the top that states "This is a change of remarks only".