Driver License / Identification Card Renewal
In order to process your renewal, you must:
- Be the person named on the renewal notice
- Not have a change of address
- Note: If you wish to apply for a Reduced Fee Identification Card, you must bring the original, completed Verification for Reduced Fee Identification Card (DL 937) to the DMV along with your payment and your Renewal Notice. Verification for Reduced Fee Identification Card (DL 937) must be presented to DMV within 60 days of its completion by the governmental or non-profit entity.
If you have recently submitted or intend to submit within the next 7-10 days an online change of address, we recommend that you mail in your renewal notice and change your address on the back of the form. This will avoid delays in receiving your Driver License or Identification Card.
U.S. CITIZENS ONLY. The law requires you to update your voter registration when you move to a new permanent residence.
You may authorize DMV to notify the Secretary of State of a voter change of address if you are already registered to vote. If you move to another county or are not registered to vote, you must complete a voter registration application. The voter registration application can be completed online or downloaded by visiting: RegisterToVote.ca.gov
If you want to apply for a different type of ID card than the type you currently have, you must visit a DMV field office.
Follow these steps to renew online:
- Read and acknowledge the medical information, disclosures, and certifications.
- Select payment option and enter your payment information (if applicable).
- Read and acknowledge e-Checking agreement (if applicable).
By selecting the “Driver License Renewal” or the “Identification Card Renewal” button above, you will be directed to the Login page. After you enter your User ID and Password, you will have access to the Driver License Renewal or Identification Card Renewal application. To learn more about how your information is shared as well as the laws that protect the release of your information visit How Your Information is Shared.
- For e-check payments, you will need one of your checks (not a deposit slip) to obtain the bank routing number and account number.
- When entering your checking account number, do not include the check number.
- E-check customers cannot purchase more than one item per transaction.
- Business checks are not acceptable for e-checking.
ATM/debit card from any of the following participating networks may also be used:
No additional fee is charged for renewing your Driver License or Identification Card online.