These How To documents provide detailed information covering a variety of topics, including the California DMV and vehicle registration (VR).
- Apply for a Replacement California Certificate of Title
- Change a Legal Owner Only
- Change Vehicle Ownership
- Complete a Name Correction on a Certificate of Title
- Conduct a Lien Sale for a Vehicle Stored at a Self-Service Storage Facility or Valued Over $4,000
- Conduct a Lien Sale for a Vehicle Valued at $4,000 or Less
- Convert From Nontransferable Registration
- Determine Residency/When Fees Are Due on Out-of-State Vehicles
- Dispose of a Vehicle Valued at $500 or Less Removed by a Public Agency
- Handle the DMV Matters of a Deceased Person
- Obtain a Salvage or Nonrepairable Vehicle Certificate
- Obtain Duplicate or Substitute License Plates and Stickers
- Obtain Personalized and Special Interest License Plates
- Register a Junk Vehicle
- Register a Vehicle from Out of State (Nonresident Vehicle)
- Register a Vehicle Imported From Another Country
- Register an Off-Highway Vehicle
- Register Vehicles Which Are No Longer on DMV’s Records
- Register, Renew, or Transfer a Vessel
- Reregister a Salvage (Total Loss) Vehicle
Need something else?
Manuals and Handbooks
We put together these manuals and handbooks to help you learn the rules of the road and prepare for your knowledge tests.
Sample DL Knowledge Tests
These sample driver’s license knowledge tests will help you prepare for your knowledge test and understand the kinds of questions we’ll ask.
We have videos that cover a range of topics to help you apply for an instruction permit, prepare to take your knowledge and driving tests, and get your DL.