Learn how government employers enroll in the Employer Pull Notice (EPN) program, enroll drivers, request records, and more.
How to Enroll in the EPN Program
Government entities interested in enrolling in the EPN program should contact the Information Services’ Account Processing Unit at (916) 657-5564.
How to Enroll Drivers
There are two different driver enrollment forms, depending on whether the drivers have a California license or out-of-state license:
- California licensed drivers: Government Employer Pull Notice (INF 1103).
- Out-of-state licensed drivers: Commercial or Government Employer Pull Notice Enrollment of Out-of-State Licensed Drivers (INF 1102).
- A driver licensed in another state who does not have a prior California record will be assigned an index number (“X” number) for tracking purposes. The assigned X number will appear on the “Driver Record Report”.
Mail your completed form(s) to the address on the form.
Per California Vehicle Code (CVC) §1812 , there is no charge to government EPN account holders (including law enforcement).
How to Delete Drivers
To delete drivers from your EPN account, complete a Government Employer Pull Notice Enrollment or Deletion of Driver (INF 1103) form and mail it to the address on the form. For drivers with an out-of-state license, use the driver’s assigned X number on the form.
Employers must notify DMV immediately when a driver’s employment is terminated to avoid being sent unnecessary driver records.
Do not use the same form to add and delete drivers.
How to Make Changes
- Submit changes to a name, address, phone number, contact person, etc. on your department letterhead within 10 days of the change.
- To change information in the “Remarks” section of a Government Employer Pull Notice Enrollment or Deletion of Driver (INF 1103), complete a new INF 1103 with a notation across the top stating “This is a change of remarks only.”
How to Request Records
There are three ways to request a copy of driver records for a prospective hire or casual driver:
- Complete a governmental agency record request form (INF 254), or (INF 252) for law enforcement. To obtain a large quantity (more than 25) of INF 254 or INF 252, fax your request on your company letterhead to the Materials Management Section at (916) 928-6817, or email your request on electronic company letterhead to DMVASDPublicForms@dmv.ca.gov.
- Require the prospective hire or casual driver to purchase their own driver record for $5 at their local DMV field office.
- Request a driver record using your standard government request process (for example, online or batch process).
Need something else?
EPN Program FAQs
Find answers to commonly asked questions about the EPN program, including requirements, driver enrollment, driver records, and more.
Motor Carrier Permits (MCPs)
Drivers who transport property, operate large commercial vehicles, transport hazardous materials, etc. also need an MCP.
Contact the Registration Operations Division if you have any questions about the EPN program. We are here to help!