Section 7 of 38
Chapter 6: New Vehicles Sold by California Dealers
6.065 Repossession From a Dealer
Chapter 6 New Vehicles Sold by California Dealers
6.065 Repossession From a Dealer (Uniform Commercial Code §9503)
To register a new unregistered vehicle repossessed from a dealer, the following must be submitted:
- An Application for Title or Registration (REG 343) form completed by the buyer.
- A Verification of Vehicle (REG 31) form.
- A certified copy of the trust receipt or flooring note agreement between the finance company and the dealer.
- A Certificate of Repossession Security Interest/Conditional Sale Contract (REG 119) form executed by the finance company.
- A Vehicle/Vessel Transfer and Reassignment Form (REG 262), as needed, to complete the chain of ownership.
- If the REG 343 does not indicate the vehicle was not previously registered, the finance company or the buyer must complete a Statement of Facts (REG 256) form stating the vehicle was not previously registered.
- A smog certification, if appropriate.
- All fees due.