Vehicle Industry Registration Procedures Manual

Driver Education illustration

Section 16 of 38

Chapter 15: Off-Highway Vehicles

15.035 Conversion from Title Only or Expired On-Highway to OHV Registration

The following must be submitted:

  • The California Certificate of Title from the on-highway record or the documents required to register the vehicle in the applicant’s name.
  • The license plates.
  • Fees due.

The procedures below must be followed:

  • Issue the OHV plate.
  • Do not collect a substitute/replacement fee for a missing registration card or license plate(s) on an original OHV application.
  • Fees and penalties may be required if planned nonoperation (PNO) status is not on record.