Chapter 20: Duplicates and Substitutes
20.085 Stickers Only
The registered owner (RO) must apply for a substitute sticker when the year sticker is lost, stolen, mutilated, or illegible.
The following must be submitted:
- An Application for Replacement Plates, Stickers, Documents (REG 156) form.
- The fees due.
The procedures below must be followed:
- If the REG 156 shows a new address:
- Key the new address
- Give the RO a Change of Address (DMV 14) form.
- Advise the RO to mail the completed DMV 14 to the address shown on the form to correct the address on their DMV records.
- Collect the substitute sticker fee.
- Issue the appropriate year sticker.
Month stickers are replaced for no fee and a REG 156 is not required. Verify the month of expiration from the registration or VR record y issue a new month sticker.