Chapter 10: Renewals
10.050 Farm Labor Vehicles
Chapter 10 Renewal Instructions
10.050 Farm Labor Vehicles (CVC §4154)
Farm labor vehicle (FLV) registration cannot be renewed, unless the applicant submits a copy of a valid Farm Labor Vehicle Certificate (CHP 350A) issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). Vehicles identified as FLVs have “Farm Labor Vehicle” printed on the face of the registration card, which is issued by the Special Processing Unit (SPU) at DMV headquarters.
FLV Renewal—FLV owners are sent a renewal letter rather than a computer-generated renewal notice. The letter states the fees and the documents required for renewal.
The following must be submitted:
- The green copy of a valid Farm Labor Vehicle Certificate (CHP 350A).
- A smog certificate, if appropriate.
- Evidence of financial responsibility, if appropriate.
- Collect all fees due y issue a sticker.
- Send the application to SPU in DMV headquarters.