Chapter 2: General Information – Licensees
Chapter 2 General Information — Licensees
2.065 Remanufacturer (CVC §507.8)
A remanufacturer is a person who, for commission, money, or other value produces a vehicle consisting of any used, reconditioned integral parts, including but not limited to the frame, engine, transmission, axles, brakes, or suspension, which is subject to registration. A remanufacturer is not a person who incidentally repairs, restores, or modifies an existing vehicle by replacing or adding parts or accessories.
Remanufactured Vehicle Dealer (CVC §11700)—Remanufacturers licensed as dealers must:
- Report sales of remanufactured vehicles on the Certificate of Remanufactured Vehicle (REG 8) form, which are issued by the Occupational Licensing Unit at DMV headquarters.
- Request REG 8 forms in writing.
- Verbally notify the buyer that the vehicle was remanufactured (CVC §11713.7).
- Place the statement “This vehicle has been remanufactured and contains used or reconditioned parts” on:
- The purchase order or conditional sales contract signed by the buyer.
- Any advertisement pertaining to the remanufactured vehicle.
- A remanufactured vehicle displayed for retail purposes or at the location where the vehicle is displayed.