Chapter 15: Off-Highway Vehicles
15.105 Operation of an OHV on the Highway
15.105 Operation of an OHV on the Highway (CVC §38025)
Motor vehicles identified as OHVs may be operated or driven upon a highway only as follows:
- On a two-lane highway only to cross the highway which is closed to motor vehicles subject to registration commencing with CVC §4000.
- Only to cross at designated places on highways with more than two lanes.
- Towed (not driven) upon a highway, if it displays an OHV identification (ID) plate.
- Motorcycles may be pushed upon a highway if they have a valid OHV ID plate displayed upon them.
- Racing or competitive motorcycles displaying a Motorcycle Transportation Permit may be transported upon a highway to and from racing events on a closed course.
An OHV must have OHV ID, regular vehicle registration, or a Motorcycle Transportation Permit in order to be transported on the highway.