Section 25 of 38
Chapter 24: Vessels
24.060 Duplicate Certificate of Ownership
Chapter 24 Vessels
24.060 Duplicate Certificate of Ownership (CVC §§9853.1, 9867, and 9909)
For a duplicate Certificate of Ownership, the following must be submitted:
- An Application for Duplicate of Transfer of Title (REG 227) form completed by the owner.
- The disposition of the original title must be indicated.
- A mutilated or illegible certificate must be attached to the application.
The following procedures must be followed:
- Verify the application information against the record on file to ensure proper signatures are obtained. Refer to the Unavailable Records section in this chapter if the record is not on file.
- If there is no HIN on the vessel, assign one in accordance with the procedures in HINs section in this chapter.
- Refer to Appendix 1F for vessel fees.
- Process the transaction for no fee when the owner of record indicates on the REG 227 that the original Certificate of Ownership was not received from DMV.
Refer to the Nonreceipt of ELT Record if the REG 227 is submitted by an electronic (ELT) lienholder.