Section 20 of 38
Chapter 19: Salvage – Nonrepairable – Junk Vehicles
19.010 Authority for Cancellation, Suspension, or Revocation
Chapter 19 Junk, Salvage, Nonrepairable
19.010 Authority for Cancellation, Suspension, or Revocation (CVC §8800)
The Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) may cancel, suspend, or revoke a vehicle’s registration California Certificate of Title, registration card, license plate, or any permit when the:
- Certificate, license plate, or permit was fraudulently obtained or erroneously issued.
- Vehicle is mechanically unfit or unsafe to be operated or moved on the highways.
- Registered vehicle has been dismantled or wrecked.
- Required fees have not been paid upon reasonable notice and demand.
- Registration card, license plate, or permit is knowingly displayed on a vehicle other than the one for which issued.
- Registration could have been refused when last issued or renewed.
- Minimum liability insurance is not obtained or maintained for the vehicle.
- DMV is so authorized under any other provision of the law.