Section 9 of 38
Chapter 8: Report of Sale – Used Vehicles
8.045 Vehicle Being Exported by Dealer
Chapter 8 Report of Sale Used Vehicles
8.045 Vehicle being exported by Dealer
A dealer who is exporting a vehicle to another country by ship or air is required to have a title in the name of the dealership.
- A REG 32 must be presented in person at a DMV office with the title and license plates when a dealer is exporting a vehicle.
- The dealer, as registered owner when the title is issued, must have acceptable photo identification, and sign the REG 32.
- A title endorsed to the dealer, a Salvage Certificate, and Application for Duplicate or Transfer of Title (REG 227) form, and an acquisition bill of sale are not acceptable as a clear title.
The dealer must:
- Submit the title to transfer the vehicle into the name of the dealership.
- Remove the license plates from the vehicle and submit them to DMV with the transfer application.
- Complete a REG 256 indicating that the vehicle will be exported in the name of the dealership.
- After the title is issued, the dealer must appear in person with title and the completed REG 32.