Section 11 of 38
Chapter 10: Renewals
10.120 Privately-Owned School Bus (PSB)
Chapter 10 Renewal Instructions
10.120 Privately-Owned School Bus (PSB) (CVC §9102.5)
Renewal notices are not generated for PSB.
The following must be submitted:
- A School Bus Registration or Permit Application (REG 123) form signed by both:
- An authorized agent of the school or the vehicle owner or operator.
- The CHP officer who inspected and approved the vehicle for operation as a PSB.
The procedures below must be followed:
- Collect the PSB fee. (A penalty is not collected on this fee.)
- Remind the applicant that renewal notices are not sent for PSBs. It is the responsibility of the vehicle owner to submit a REG 123 and the renewal fee prior to the expiration date.