Section 12 of 38
Chapter 11: Transfers
11.020 California Welfare and Institutions Code Sales
Chapter 11 Transfers
11.020 California Welfare and Institutions Code Sales (CW&IC §148)
The California Welfare and Institutions Code (CW&IC) contains a provision for disposing of certain properties of inmates of institutions.
The following must be submitted:
- The California Certificate of Title or an Application for Title or Registration (REG 343) form and the nonresident title as appropriate.
- In lieu of the registered owner’s signature(s) on the title, accept an affidavit authorizing the sale which contains a description of the property sold, the name of the buyer, and a statement indicating compliance with the provisions of the CW&IC concerning notices.
- A release by the legal owner (lienholder), if any, on the California Certificate of Title or on a Lien Satisfied/Titleholder Release (REG 166) form.
- A Verification of Vehicle (REG 31) form, unless there is a vehicle record on the database or the California Certificate of Title is submitted.
- The odometer mileage disclosure on a complying title or on the REG 262, as appropriate.
- A smog certification, if appropriate.
- The fees due.