Vehicle Industry Registration Procedures Manual

Driver Education illustration

Section 26 of 38

Chapter 25: Permits and Decals

25.070 Transporter Permit (VC §11716)

A Vehicle Moving Permit (REG 172) may be used by a manufacturer, transporter, distributor, or dealer to move an unregistered vehicle from a vessel, railroad depot, or warehouse to a warehouse or sales room. The permit must be obtained from DMV prior to movement of the vehicle.