Section 11 of 38
Chapter 10: Renewals
10.165 Renewal With an Original Personalized or Year of Manufacture (YOM) License Plate Application
An original personalized or Year of Manufacture (YOM) License Plate application may be combined with the renewal application.
The following must be submitted:
- The renewal notice or prior year registration card for the vehicle.
- The usual requirements for the type of license plate ordered for personalized or YOM License Plate application processing in Chapter 21.
- The license plates currently assigned to the vehicle.
- The renewal fees and special license plate fee.
The procedures below must be followed:
- Issue a Temporary Operating Permit (REG 19), as shown in Chapter 25.
- If a Personalized License Plate is Requested:
- Assign the personalized license plate to the vehicle. When assigning license plates, issue the year and month stickers.
- YOM License Plate Requested:
- Attach the YOM License Plate Application (REG 352) form to the face of the renewal application.
- Submit the application to the Special Processing Unit (SPU) in DMV headquarters.